The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
The Alzheimer's Association has been recognized as a top large nonprofit to work for by The NonProfit Times
, the leading information provider for the nonprofit sector.
We provide care and support
We accelerate research
Join our cause
Use of funds
We provide care and support to those affected
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. We are here to help.
- We have local chapters across the nation, providing services within each community. Find a chapter near you.
- Our professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 300,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 200 languages.
- We host face-to-face support groups and educational sessions in communities nationwide.
- We connect people across the globe through our online message boards, ALZConnected®. Our online community is ready to answer your questions and give you support.
- We provide caregivers and families with comprehensive online resources and information through our Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregiver Center, which features sections on early-stage, middle-stage and late-stage caregiving.
- Our free online tool, Alzheimer's Navigator®, helps those facing the disease to determine their needs and develop an action plan, and our online Community Resource Finder is a comprehensive database of programs and service, housing and care services, and legal experts.
- We house the Alzheimer's Association Green-Field Library, the nation's largest library and resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
- Our safety service, MedicAlert® + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return®, is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency.
We accelerate research and create a path for global process
As the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to accelerating the global progress of new treatments, preventions and ultimately, a cure. Visit our online Research Center.We advance the understanding of Alzheimer's through our peer-reviewed research grant program, has invested over $385 million in more than 2,500 scientific investigations since 1982.
Our annual Alzheimer's Association International Conference® (AAIC)® is the world’s largest conference of its kind, bringing researchers together to report on groundbreaking studies.
We bring researchers together worldwide to advance scientific data sharing through GAAIN, the Global Alzheimer’s Association International Network, a first-of-its-kind database with advanced analytical tools to accelerate discoveries.
Our scientific journal, Alzheimer’s & Dementia®, provides a single publication for the global scientific community to share its diverse knowledge.
Our professional society, Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART), is the only professional society designed exclusively for individuals dedicated to Alzheimer's and dementia science.
We accelerate clinical studies by connecting healthy volunteers, people with the disease and caregivers to current studies through Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®, a free, easy-to-use clinical studies matching service.
We play a pioneering role in increasing knowledge about prevention. The Association has invested in projects revealing that what’s good for the heart is good for the brain
, and that eating a healthy diet, staying physically active and not smoking will help reduce risk of cognitive decline.