Alley-White American Legion Postwas chartered on Saturday, March 20, 1920 as a patriotic, war-time veteransorganization, devoted to mutual helpfulness. It was named in honor of HOSEAALLEY and THORNTY WHITE, two of the first Baxter County boys to fall before theHuns in 1918 in overseas service. Alley-White American Legion Auxiliary Unit 52was chartered on Saturday, July 20, 1929.
WHO WE ARE:
- not-for-profit community-service organization
- currently the 7th largest Legion post in the state of Arkansas (2018 data)
- one of the few posts in Arkansas that has a Certified Honor Guard to provide military honors at veterans' funerals.
- nationwide the only post that has a Shoe Fund for Baxter County school children (that we know of).
WHAT WE DO:
- assist local veterans in need and their families
- participate in and sponsor community events/fundraisers
- provide Military Honors for Baxter County Veterans
- provide college scholarships to local area youth
- send local area youth to Boys State/Girls State
- monthly troop box-up (with the Elks Lodge #1714)
- and so much more ….
POST & AUXILIARY MEMBER PERKS:
- monthly potluck and membership Meetings
- bi-monthly Newsletter
- annual post picnic, Christmas party and other scheduled events
- national, state and district 2 events
- volunteer opportunities